Wednesday 30 May 2012

Coachella Bound: Weekend 1


It's officially less than a week away that I board a plane to Cali. This is just one of those moments in my life that I can't believe is truly happening. Coachella has always been one of those "Bucket List" adventures that will (very) soon become an amazing reality.

My parents have always encouraged concert going- they even spent their 20th wedding anniversary at Woodstock '99 and we took a family vacation last Christmas to Bethel Woods, NY to see the original '69 site and museum. They have raised me on- mostly classic- rock and unlike many in my generation I have seen some iconic musicians including Elton John and The Beach Boys.

Now my own major music festival experience is fast-appraoching and honetly, I just hope I make it out with all of my limbs. The band list at this year's festival rivals that of most mainstream, large-scale events this summer, with some like the At the Drive-In reunion, far exceeding. I can't wait for the "Lonely Boy" performance from the Black Keys, which will be a spectacle with surely the entire crowd singing the lyrics word-for-word while doing their own rendition of the Youtube dance. Florence Welch is another performer who I'm just dying to see, but I'm sure anyone going will say the same.

Truly, I am excited for the vast array of talents that are still unheard to me and the new favourites that I'll be leaving Indio with, frantically searching for their music on iTunes. Wish me luck- I really don't want to lose that limb I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment